Engagement Tips for All Videos
- Know your content (or at least sound like you are confident).
- Audio is the most important thing!
- Invest in a good microphone before any video equipment.
- Shoot in a quiet area.
- Have a plan – Hook them!
- Practice speaking out loud before you start.
- Smile. Don’t sound bored.
- To simplify editing Jef recommends doing it all in one take.
Screen Capture Video
- Audio is even more important
- Work on making your voice captivating
- You can record audio separately from the screen capture, but that increases editing time. Instead, pause and give yourself an audio cue when you start up again.
- Check your battery & storage
- Clean lens
- Shoot horizontal
- Audio is key
- Manage the shakes
- Be aware of your surroundings: Think about lighting and what is in the background
IF YOU ARE ON CAMERA: BE VISIBLE, AUDIBLE AND INTERESTING!
- Have good lighting and sound!
- Make eye contact.
- Sound Interesting.
- Have an open posture and an authentic smile.