Influencing Your Course: LA 1 Week 1
Ends In View
By the end of this learning activity students will:
- Describe the purpose of this course.
- Recall the philosophy behind this course.
- Begin to identify options for meeting course objectives.
- Plan a course engagement strategy.
These ends in view are designed to help students meet the following course learning objectives:
- 3A: Plan a project that will examine a specific nursing issue in depth.
- 3D: Contribute to the development of success criteria for course projects.
- Review the getting started section of this website.
- Read the course syllabus and familiarize yourself with program policies.
Attend the live session or view the recording. During the live session we will:
- Discuss the overall purpose of this course
- Show the course website and Moodle shell
- Explore blogging as an option for course participation
- Begin identifying success criteria for assignments
- Start a discussion of due dates
Progress to Praxis (Participation)
- Think about if you will blog openly or post inside Moodle.
- Brainstorm success criteria for the assignments based on these course objectives (Objective 3D). Blog about your ideas, post them inside moodle or submit them via this form.
- Schedule assignment completion into your calendar.
- Book a meeting with Laura for negotiation of your 40% grade near midterm but near October 22. Give yourself enough time to have completed weekly discussion activities (in the course calendar and learning activities), the ethics assignment, and your project plan. Give Laura enough time to provide you with feedback so you can review it in preparation for the grade negotiation.